Hotel to stay before and after Kilimanjaro trekking.
All our Kilimanjaro climb are operated from Moshi town therefore hotel we are using here are Parkview Inn Hotel, Lindrin lodge and Weruweru River lodge. Both are fair clean and nice hotel and have great view of Mt Kilimanjaro. They are all 2-3 stars hotel. Parkview is more western material while Weruweru River lodge is more of African stylish. Therefore, on your arrival to Tanzania you will be taken on either of the two hotels as will be describe in your final itinerary during the booking process.
Accommodation during Kilimanjaro climbing tour.
All Kilimanjaro climbing route except Marangu route are camping route of which we must supply sleeping and dining tents. We have very good and high-quality four-season tents. All our tents are brand new in every season to make sure that our clients stay dry and enjoy every step during the climb. For those choosing Marangu route you will be staying at huts/Bandas.
Bathroom condition while on mountain
On every public campsite and every half day of the day has public hole toilets. These toilets are not very clean because are used by so many people, therefore we at Popote Africa Adventures Ltd provide portable flushable toilet. We provide one toilet to be shared by 4 people. This mean if the group is more than 4 people, more than one portable will be supplied to meet the demand of the group.
Food on the mountain.
We cater any kind of meals that will be required by our client. We accommodate both vegetarian, vegan, non-vegetarian, and gluten free meal. We also accommodate any clients with special dietary request. All our means are Halal and can be used by any client.
The condition of trails on Kilimanjaro Tour
The Kilimanjaro trails are very clean and have enough space for clients to walk without squeezing each other. Its more adventure and differ from a day to day and from route to route due to fact that each route has its test of adventure, although the difference is not that big.
Things to pack on Daypack
In your personal walking daypack, you should pack your rain trouser and jacket, one sweater, sunscreen, lip balm, sun hut, camera, some few chocolate or energy snacks and your camel bag for water. Your day pack should not weigh more than 5kg for the good balance. See what to park on your day pack as demonstrated on picture here.
Your Kilimanjaro climb Preparation
- Physical training
- Altitude training
- Medical check up
- Proper Climbing Gears
Your Safety During Kilimanjaro Climbing process.
This is very important question to ask yourself before you choose an operator to go with. Of course, it is very safe to climb Kilimanjaro if you are on the hand of safe operator. At Popote Africa Adventures Ltd, your safety is our number one priority then successful summit. This is due to that fact that altitude sickness can strike anyone at any time regardless of fitness level or previous experience at altitude. Therefore, all our guides are well trained to handle anyone for any emergency that might happen during the climb. Here is what our guide can do in case of any emergency concerning your health when climbing Kilimanjaro.
- Our guide is highly professional, experienced and can easily detect, prevent and treat altitude sickness.
- Our guide conduct health checkup twice daily using pulse ox meter to monitor your pulse rate and oxygen saturation.
- Our guides carry a first aid kit all the time to make sure everything that might be needed at any emergency is available.
- Our guide is certified by WFR, therefore well equipped with instrument needed for any emergency.
- Our guide carry oxygen tank for any climbs and these are distributed according to the group size. This is to make sure we have enough oxygen tank and can be applied anytime needed.
- Our guide can easily get in touch with helicopter rescue from SAR, as they have all communication and know how to get connected direct. Therefore, first response to the matter is guaranteed.