Highlights of Lemosho Route
SCENIC & BIODIVERSE
REMOTE TREKKING EXPERIENCE
5-Star Reviews for Popote
Below are some reviews specifically from clients who did Lemosho Route with us. See more of our fantastic testimonials on Tripadvisor and Google.
Is Lemosho Route for Me?
Get in Touch
Fill out our inquiry form and get our expert recommendation within 4 hours of your inquiry.
The Popote Advantage
We have guided more than 10,000 climbers on Kilimanjaro since 2011. The following 4 aspects are the most important for anyone wanting to climb Kili. And we guarantee uncompromising quality for all and more.
#1 Highly Experienced Guides
Popote's guides know the ins and outs of Kilimanjaro, are trained in emergency procedures and can provide vital support in case of any unexpected situations. They also bring a wealth of knowledge about the local culture, flora, and fauna, which will make your climb even more enriching. Besides, they also play a crucial role in making the climb fun and enjoyable. It can be through singing along the way, narating anecdotes from the past, or by bringing a sense of camaraderie to your team. As as you will see, they offer every encouragement and support you will ever need.
#2 Reliable Porters
Porters carry equipment and supplies, allowing climbers to focus on the climb without carrying heavy loads. They setup your camps each day, and dismantle them when its time to move on. Without their support climbing Kilimanjaro will be next to impossible for most of us. At Popote, we value our porters highly because of the part they play in making each climb, week after week, a success.
#3 Lip-Smacking Meals
Our chefs will serve large, healthy meals to keep you happy and well-fed on your Kilimanjaro climb. You’ll have hot meals at breakfast and dinner, freshly prepared with locally-sourced ingredients. We prepare all our food to strict hygiene standards, ensuring it’s delicious and safe to eat. Our menus are designed to be nutritionally-dense, with plenty of variety to cater to the energy demands of the trek.
#4 Top Quality Equipment
We only use Mountain Hardwear’s rugged, 4-season tents, designed specifically for mountain conditions. Built to accommodate three people, we only ever have two people in a tent. These tents are manufactured to withstand high winds, heavy rain and snow cover, making them ideal for the environment on Kilimanjaro.
Lemosho Route Itinerary
Lemosho Route Prices
We do no compromise on safety and quality, so our prices are not the cheapest. However, they are also not unreasonably high like some other companies. We take a lot of pride in the value for money we provide to each and every client.
The per person prices below are based on how many people are booking the trek together.
8-Day Route Price
7-Day Route Price
The climb cost includes
- Return transfer from Kilimanjaro International Airport to accommodation in Moshi
- Return transfer from accommodation in Moshi to the entry gate into Kilimanjaro National Park
- Park Fees: all park fees collected by Kilimanjaro National Park (conservation fees, camping fees, crew fees, vehicle fee, rescue fee and all others).
- Accommodation at 3* hotel in Moshi (WeruWeru Lodge) one night before and one night after the expedition. You will have all for a comfortable stay - friendly staff, clean rooms, Wi-Fi, restaurant and swimming pool
- Tented accommodation on Mount Kilimanjaro (modern comfortable 4-season North Face VE-25 tents)
Please note: by default, you will share a room and a tent with your travel companion. If you travel solo on a group expedition, we will room you with a same-sex participant. Single supplement is available upon request.
- Breakfast in the hotel before and after the hike
- All meals on the hike. You will find delicious energy-rich meals on our mountain menus. Our professional chefs will prepare assorted soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables. Vegetarian/gluten-free/halal options are available at no extra cost
- All drinks on the hike (coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water)
Hiking and safety equipment:
- 4-inch (10-cm) thick and comfortable sleeping mats;
- All group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- If you choose extra comfort package you additionally will have walk-in tents, sleeping cots, hot water bottles for the night as well as portable toilets included
- Oxygen cylinders and oximeters
- GPS-tracking service
- Complete medical kits including Diamox.
- Professional guides licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park. All guides are holder of Wilderness First Responder certification. All of them have 7+years of successful experience
- Dedicated support crew (assistant guides, camp master, porters, cooks, etc.)
We are proud to be the members of KPAP (Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project). It is an unbiased evaluation of our commitment to fair treatment of our mountain crews.
- 18% VAT, 1% TDL and 0.3% Service Levy. Popote Africa is an honest and responsible tour operator working in full compliance with the tax law of the United Republic of Tanzania.
The climb cost excludes
- International flights
- Tips (250-300 USD per climber for the whole mountain crew)
- Visa fee (100 USD for American citizens and 50 USD for all others)
- Personal gear rentals
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the climb)
- Portable toilets (if required - 250 USD per unit, one can be shared between 3 people)
- Mountaineering insurance. You'll need special insurance for climbing Kilimanjaro that covers high-altitude trekking up to 6000 m
FAQs for Lemosho Route
How difficult is the Lemosho Route?
How long is the Lemosho Route?
What is Lemosho Route's summit success rate?
How is the scenery on the Lemosho Route?
Why choose Popote?
Read about all that make us one of the best outfitters running Klimanjaro climbs.