Kilimanjaro Trek Inclusions and Exclusions
When you trek with Popote, you get fully transparency about everything you get in your Kilimanjaro trek package.
There are NO HIDDEN COSTS and certainly no cutting corners.
Should you prefer single room/tent accommodation, a supplementary fee would apply. Additional days on the mountain could be added to an extra cost as well.
Kilimanjaro Climb Package Inclusions:
- Airport pickup and drop from/to JRO airport.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation (twin sharing basis) before and after your trek at Parkview Inn hotel or Lindrin Lodge at Moshi
- Park fees, camping fees, rescue fees, 18% VAT and all taxes
- Warm water to wash your limbs twice daily at camp
- Transportation to and from the mountain gate before and after the trek
- Professional and highly experienced mountain guides, cooks and porters
- Our guides are trained in safety precautions and certified in Wilderness and Emergency First Aid.
- They know exactly how to assess and handle situation where you might not be feeling well during the trek due to altitude sickness.
- Portable toilet - There are public toilets on the mountain that can be unmentionably dirty, so we stick to clean, hygienic & portable ones. 1x toilet for max 3 people. We will take more on the trek as needed.
- 4-season camping tents (not applicable for Marangu route as it has hut accommodation)
- Matts to sleep on for a comfortable night
- Food on the mountain
- 3 freshly prepared meals daily while on the mountain
- Daily tea, coffee, hot chocolate at camp
- Filtered water throughout the trek
- Safety aspects
- Emergency oxygen tanks
- Pulse oximeter to measure your oxygen saturations levels twice a day
- Daily altitude sickness assessments
- Pre-determined evacuation routes and safety procedures
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Porters Association Project (KPAP)
If you choose our EXTRA comfort Kilimanjaro package, then you will get the following additional inclusions on top of the standard features mentioned above.
These are valid for all routes other than Marangu as this has permanent huts along its trail.
- Better hotels at Moshi as compared to standard package - Kilimanjaro Wonders hotel or Weru Weru River Lodge
- Walk-in tents well maintained, spacious, 4-season quality and water-proof.
- Foldable cots to sleep on with thicker matts for extra comfort.
- Hot water bottles for the night.
Kilimanjaro Climb Package Excludes:
- Single supplement for individual occupancy of room/tent
- Flights and Tanzania visa
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group
- Medical or travel Insurance
- Tips to mountain crew (USD 200-250 per person for entire crew)